Welcome to The Symons Medical Centre
The William Symons Medical Centre practice was established in 1923 and has occupied its present purpose built premises since 1991. Personal medical services are available to patients within our catchment area. All of our facilities are designed with easy access for disabled patients.
30/11/2021 - COVID VACCINATIONS (update)
A series of changes have been announced by the government, amid concerns about a new COVID variant:
- 18- to 39-year-olds will be offered booster jabs
- Boosters will be prioritised according to age and for at risk groups
- The minimum gap between receiving a second COVID vaccine dose and booster will be halved to three months
- Children aged 12 to 15 will be offered a second dose, three months after the first
- Severely immunosuppressed people will be offered a fourth dose of the vaccine, as a booster
- The booster will either be the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine (Pfizer only at The Desborough Suite)
PLEASE NOTE THESE CHANGES WILL BE PHASED IN OVER THE COMING WEEKS AND DO NOT TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE WAIT FOR YOUR INVITE FROM THE SURGERY AND DO NOT CALL RECEPTION AS THEY WILL BE UNABLE TO BOOK ANYONE IN THE NEW COHORTS YET.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of Coronavirus.
The GP practice is open and if you need to see your GP, please contact us. Appointments are triaged and can be booked via phone on 01628 626131.
Appointments are being delivered online, over the telephone, and face-to-face at the clinician's direction following triage. If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery
Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment.
If you are waiting for a check-up, please be assured we will be in touch but the schedule may be different to previous years.
For serious or life threatening emergencies call 999, for urgent medical queries call 111.
Find out when our practice is open, what the GP consulting times are and what to do if you need help when the practice is closed. Find out more
(Site updated 30/11/2021)